Barley and malt roasting
A unique continuous barley and malt roasting technology, very different from hot air roaster:
The heat transfer is not made by hot air convection, like traditional roasters, but by direct contact with a hot surface (which is electrically heated).
This technology shows different advantages such as:
- The amount of gas exhausting the roaster is reduced by a factor 10 (which means much less gas to treat at the exhaust, much less pollution, cost reduction, maintenance and cleaning simplification…),
- Fire risk is highly reduced (no hot air means no oxygen means no fire),
- Energy consumption is very reasonable, around 150-250 kW.h to roast 1 ton of malt (ie around 0,01-0,02 €/kg).
Our continuous technology also uses vibrations in a spiral tube in order to transport the product and ensure a very good mixing and thus a perfect homogeneity of treatment.
- A continuous operation with only 1 operator to run the unit,
- A very even treatment of the grains,
- A wide range of color and taste is available with the same machine.
Below are the results obtained by roasting barley with a tube temperature of 240°C and taking samples every 5 minutes (between 0 and 35 mn of residence time):
The Revtech technology is used to roast barley, kilned malt and even green malt.