Roasting & pasteurization of nuts
|Revtech combines vibration transport and heating by direct contact with an impedance tube to process all kinds of nuts: almonds, brazil nuts, cashews, walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans, peanuts, pinenuts, pistachios...|
Pasteurization > Read more
- Continuous and fully automated process avoiding recontamination:
• Validated and guaranteed microbiology quality,
• Complete eradication of pathogens (Salmonella, E Coli, Coliforms, yeasts & moulds…) and high reduction of the TPC.
- Preservation of the nut quality:
• No screw, belt or mixer which could harm the nuts, only gentle vibrations,
• Only a small amount of steam is injected (around 5%), the nuts being heated by the contact with the hot tube.
Roasting > Read more
- Improved roasted flavor:
• Due to treatment in a confined atmosphere,
• Due to roasting with direct contact with a hot surface, similar to traditional technologies.
Seasonning > Read more
Flavour can be added to your products (salt, spices,...) by the injection of brine or liquid flavoring during the process. The vibrations ensure a perfect mixing and thus a perfect homogeneity of seasonning.
A technology recognised by the Almond Board of California
|Challenge tests, carried out following the ABC protocol, proved a complete eradication of Salmonella corresponding to an 8.2 log kill.|
Cutting edge technology for your factory
- Low energy consumption:
• Pasteurization: around 80 kW.h for 1 ton of product ie less than 0,01€/kg
• Roasting: around 140 kW.h for 1 ton of product, ie around 0,01€/kg.
- No heavy air treatment required: nuts are not heated by hot air, reducing costs and limiting fire risks.
- Environmental friendly technology: around 90% of the energy is transferred to the nuts.
- Cleaning is vastly simplified: between 1 and 2 hours using CIP techniques.
Why using electricity instead of gas? > Read more
Nuts are roasted by direct contact with a hot stainless steel tube, similar to the traditional technique, with the following advantages:
Improved taste: Oils and flavors are not evacuated by gas flows but they are roasted in their own vapors.
Energy efficiency: about 90% of the energy is transferred to the nuts compared to 30/40 % with gas roasters.
Easy exhaust handling: the amount of gas exhausting the roaster is divided by a factor 10, vastly simplifying the gas treatment unit at the exhaust.
No fire risks: combustion is limited as there is much less oxygen circulating in the roaster. Operation without oxygen is even possible.